Followers

Sunday 2 June 2013

Quilted mat

Hi everyone,

First of all, a HUGE thank you to all of you who commented on my last post. Your advice about borders and sashing was extremely helpful. I've been a bit scared to carry on with my charm quilt because of all the sashing but hopefully I'm a bit more ready now to give it a go.

Over at Sew Delicious, there has been a quilted mat sew along. I haven't done mine at the same time, but I kept the link and decided to have a go this weekend. 

Here is my finished mat

I really, really struggled with the binding. I haven't yet done any before so this was going to be a learning curve for me, but I know I have to learn because I need to finish my quilts! I'm using my mat just sitting in front of my laptop so my arms rest on it. I might make another, just to practise the binding.  One of the problems I have, is although I have the most beautiful old Merritt sewing machine (and I love it), when you sew it's either fast or nothing! I now have a new sewing machine fund that I'm putting my £1 and £2 coins in and am slowly saving. 

Overall I'm quite pleased though. The patchwork was good and the quilting was nice and easy. 

See you soon 
Ally
xx

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...