Followers

Sunday 30 December 2012

Seeing in the new year

Well hello everyone!

Christmas is finally done and the new year is almost upon us. My doesn't time fly!!

I was sitting here reading other blogs and before I knew it I'd clicked on blogs they follow, and then blogs that they follow and 2 hours had passed me by and I'd added about 10 new blogs to my follow list! Does that happen to you?

So I thought I'd tell you about my plans for 2013. Firstly, lets say that I am only too pleased to see the back of 2012. It has been a very tough year, with hard and dark times. I spent nearly 4 months of the year in hospital. I'm now fully recovered but will always need to be careful and try not to get too stressed! On the plus side, the year has ended really well. We have just moved house and I am starting a new job on 7th January (just so happens to be my birthday too!).

The house and job are going to keep me busy but I was thinking about my spare time and how to make the most of it.

I really want to do more card making this year. I love it with a passion. I've been selling cards and attending gift fairs for a while now, but want to really push it more. Not sure how yet though, so any ideas gratefully received.

Next is baking. I've been well and truly bitten by the baking bug. I find looking at and reading recipes just as therapeutic as making them. I'd like to blog my baking too, so this blog will be more of a card making/baking/cooking/crafting kind of blog. 

Simon bought me a bread maker and a slow cooker so I shall be using those a lot too. I need to go hunting for slow cooker recipes. I'm sure there are lots out there. The trouble is, Si is a very fussy eater, so trying to find recipes that he will eat is a another ball game completely. That is a challenge in itself!

Finally...films. I know this probably sounds odd, but we were never much of a film watching family when I was growing  up. My mum and I watched LOTS of musicals on a Sunday afternoon, but other than that my film viewing is limited. A few years ago, Simon bought me about  10 DVDs, saying that these were some films I needed to see. They included Forrest Gump, Castaway, The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, Falling Down, Philadelphia, Hotel Rwanda and a film about Steve Biko that I cannot remember the name of. I've watched all those and we have been to the cinema and seen more recent films but there are still loads and loads that people say are great that I've never seen. For instance I've not seen any of the Star Wars films, Batman, Spiderman or super hero films, Harry Potter etc etc.
Today though, whilst blog surfing I watched The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock. I felt I needed to watch it as it is classed as an 'iconic' film. I have to say though, that whilst I enjoyed it, it just seemed to end. Why were the birds there in the first place? Did they ever go away? 

Anyway, that's about enough rambling. Let's see if I can keep up with my free time plans. Have you made any and what are they?

Speak soon
Ally
xx

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...