Followers

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Cath Kidston petals

As you may or may not know, I love sewing but have mainly stuck to cross stitch, My mum always used to make our clothes, cover sofas and was just fab using the sewing machine, but I've always looked at it in wonder. Well now I'm going to give sewing a go. I'm starting by making the free project in the Cath Kidston book called Patch!
Here are some of the petal shapes I have started. I don't think they are too bad considering it is quite fiddly tacking around paper shapes. I have a problem though with the curved parts of the shape. I am using lots of little pleats like Cath says to do but I still find that my edges are a little jagged, Are they ok though or do I need to re-do them?

I'm not totally sure if they are neat enough. I'd really like your feedback and help if you can.

Ally
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...